Qatar Projects 2015 Highlights
Detailing the plan to deliver Qatar's National Vision 2030 - a $200bn project
Under the patronage of H.E. Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim Al Thani, Minister of Economy and Commerce and endorsed by the Ministry of Economy and Commerce in Qatar, MEED’s Qatar Projects Conference will be celebrating its 13th instalment on 15&16 March 2016 in Doha.
While the initial hype around projects associated with the execution of the World Cup has reduced over time, Qatar remains in the top 3 projects markets in the Middle East and is less reliant on an uncertain oil price. MEED customers are citing high interest, high potential and anticipating robust growth in infrastructure and construction as the World Cup and Qatar National Vision 2030 deadline approach. Most recently, Qatar’s Ministry of Economy and Commerce received bids for advisory services on the development of a public-private partnership (PPP) regulatory framework and policy. Qatar already uses PPP structures in its power and water sectors but has yet to expand the model into other industries, opting instead to use government funds for infrastructure projects.
Major project opportunities and awards are on the horizon for companies looking to win work in Qatar including:
- The Qatar Integrated Rail Programme has a budget of US $35bn and includes a national passenger and freight railway, the Doha metro and a light rail network in Lusail.
- The new Hamad International Airport required more than US $15bn and an expansion plan that will take the passenger capacity from the current 20 million to 53 million a year; requiring investment of nearly US$8bn, according to estimates by regional projects tracker
To secure your seat at the Conference email email@example.com
Hear from our 2015 Qatar Projects Conference Associate GORD
Yousef Alhorr was one of our esteemed speakers this year and we caught up with him after his presentation, watch the video to hear what the Founder and Chairman of the Gulf Organization for Research and Development (GORD) had to say about Qatar’s green standards
Hear from our 2015 Qatar Projects Conference Gold Sponsor Daruna
Daruna’s Chairman H.E. Sheikh Nasser bin Abdulrahman bin Nasser Al Thani was one of our esteemed speakers at our 12th annual Qatar Projects Conference this year. Watch the video to hear his thoughts on planned projects in Qatar to 2022 and beyond.
Benefits of Attending
- Gain clarity on the current status of Qatar’s live programs and what opportunities they still present
- Understand Qatar’s Public Private Partnership strategy and other alternative funding and financing models specific to Qatar project financing needs
- Find out about new project opportunities, clear execution plans and award dates direct from the clients and awarding entities including the Ministry of Economy & Commerce, Ministry of Transport, Ashagal and more.
- HARDTALK sessions will focus on core topics and challenges facing the industry including: construction costs, labour challenges, access to materials and better planning and project execution.
- Focussed panel discussions on PPPs, Financing projects, Construction, healthcare and more
Extended networking opportunities with 300+ attendees – this is an excellent platform to develop future business relationships with senior decision makers that can directly impact the profitability of your organisation including Ministry of Economy and Commerce, Ashghal, QRail, Ministry of Transport, Hamad Port, Hamad International Airport, Qatar Foundation, Qatar Petroleum, Kahramaa and many more.